Though the Dance Marathon Program started at Indiana University in memory of Ryan White, the program has continue to develop into a vast network of Dance Marathons. The original Miracle Network Dance Marathon at Indiana University started the spark that eventually lit the Miracle Flame. Three years after the first Dance Marathon, Children’s Miracle Network Hopsitals approached IUDM and and offered to help start Dance Marathons at four other universities, University of Iowa, Bowling Green State University, University of Florida, and Florida State. These five hospitals began the Dance Marathon Movement.
- 1991: First Dance Marathon at Indiana University
- 1995: Five Dance Marathon Programs created
- 1998: Over 1 Million Dollars raised
- 2002: 50 universities have Dance Marathon Programs
- 2008: 100 Universities have Dance Marathons
- 2012: Over 11 million Dollars Raised and over 250 universities have Dance Marathon Programs
- 2016: over 32 million dollars raised
- Today: there are more than 300 high school and collegiate programs across the country, help us grow the program by registering for Saint Louis University Dance Marathon today!